The SGC rate for Payroll will automatically update to 10% from 1st July 2021 to 30th June 2022.
If you created custom Pay Items for managing SGC Superannuation you will need to update the rate yourself.
If after 1st July 2021 you need to enter a pay dated on or before 30 June 2021 then Saasu will use the old 9.5% rate. That is, Saasu is sensitive to the pay date you enter.
If you would like to check that you have it updating automatically:
- Go to Setting (Cog Icon) and then click Settings for this File.
- Scroll down the page to the Payroll Section and click Manage Pay Items.
- Open the Pay Item called Superannuation Guarantee Contribution (SGC).
- You should see Variable Superannuation Guarantee Charge is selected.
- Below that Yes this pay item is used for superannuation amounts should be ticked and the picklist should read Superannuation Guarantee
Here’s an example below but feel free to create a service ticket if you are unsure about anything.