Bank Accounts are accounts used as transaction accounts such as personal or business accounts that you have with a bank, credit union, or other financial institution. These may include any credit card, loans, savings & check/cheque accounts, as well as store/retail credit cards. You may also include Trust or similar accounts where transactions are conducted on your behalf.
Types of bank accounts
To add a bank account go Add > Bank Account.
- Asset – This includes any interest bearing or business bank accounts (including savings accounts), and trust accounts (where funds are managed on your behalf such as in agent managed properties).
- Equity – Often used by sole traders when you don’t want to track every transaction from that account (such as using a personal bank account for some payments). Please check with your accounting Advisor to be sure that using this is ok for your circumstances.
- Liability – Use this account type for all credit cards, personal and business loans. This includes any store credit accounts you may have (including store credit cards).
Credit cards are considered bank accounts in Saasu which is set as a Liability account.
Edit Bank Account
This screen allows you to add or edit the details of your personal or business accounts that you have with a bank, credit union, or other financial institution. These may include any credit card, loans, savings & cheque accounts, as well as store/retail credit cards (such as a Grace Bros. or David Jones card). You may also include Trust or similar accounts where transactions are conducted on your behalf (such as in agent managed rental properties).
This is the name of the account as you would like it to appear in transaction screens by default when selecting your Payment Account. We recommend you keep the length of the display name fairly short so that it displays correctly in lists. Examples of display name are “Business Cheque”, “GST Account”, “Personal”, “Corporate AMEX”.
- Account Name – This is the actual name of the account with the bank. For instance, Joe Bloggs’ bank account may have a display name of “Personal”, but the account name is “Joe Bloggs Advantage Saver”
- BSB – This is the BSB number of the account with the bank. The BSB number will be printed on your bank statement. This may be blank for credit and/or store cards
- Account Number – This is the account number of the account with the bank. This may be the card number for credit and/or store cards
- Use this as my default account (optional) – Check this box if you want this account to be the default account selected in the bank account drop-down list (whenever it appears within Saasu). We recommend setting your most commonly used account as the default account to reduce the time it takes to enter transactions. There can be only one default account. You can choose not to set a default account
Note: Account name, BSB and Account Number are required elements for connecting a direct bank feed.
Get your bank data automatically
In Saasu you can get your bank data automatically via a Bank Feed.
Enable bank payment file (ABA) creation
This option allows you to create ABA files to be uploaded to your financial institution.
Bank Code: Unique Code used for ABA Direct Entry files. Usually three characters. e.g. WBC, SGB, CBA, NAB, ANZ
Bank Client User ID: Some banks require this. ClientID for bulk payments it’s sometimes referred to as. Leave blank if you aren’t sure if you require this to process ABA Direct Entry files.